For those using DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio on Windows, we strongly recommend uninstalling previous versions prior to installing 17 Public Beta 5 and higher versions. Going forward, all Fairlight, grading, and editor keyboard firmware updates will be managed from the DaVinci Control Panels Setup utility.
Important information regarding database management
DaVinci Resolve 17.0 and 17.1 require a database upgrade from DaVinci Resolve 16.2.7 and previous versions. We strongly recommend that you back up your existing database (both DiskDB and PostgreSQL) and then restore that database for the upgrade before upgrading to this release.
What’s new in DaVinci Resolve & DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.0 and 17.1 Beta 6:
• Addressed an issue with a long startup time for systems with lots of audio plugins.
• Addressed an issue with jittery playback for interlaced clips with hardware decoding on Nvidia graphics cards.
• Addressed an issue with mismatching extents for interlaced sub-clips.
• Addressed an issue with thumbnail resolutions for upgraded v16 projects.
• Addressed an issue with opening projects using Resolve FX 3D Keyer created in 17.0 Beta 1.
• Addressed an issue where media pool entries in the Cut page would sometimes be incorrectly sorted.
• Addressed an issue where undoing an extend edit would sometimes fail for clips with transitions.
• Addressed an issue with external clip mattes overriding media alpha in foreground composite mode.
• Addressed a performance issue with subtitle editing on timelines with lots of subtitles.
• Addressed an issue where HDR outputs could marginally exceed maximum output luminance due to rounding errors.
• Addressed a scaling issue when decoding Sony RAW clips using SLog3 or linear gammas.
• Addressed an issue where copying compositions between Resolve and Fusion would sometimes lose Open FX nodes.
• Addressed an issue with incorrect labels for shape color controls in Fusion.
• Addressed issues with the getclip property and gettakebyIndex scripting APIs.
• Updated scripting examples to use new getclip property APIs.
• General performance and stability improvements.